    WinTV (Go Plus) capture card, and how to display an image from it. Is
    there some facility that might help him, or does anyone have experience
    with such use that might suggest sources?
    W. eWatson, Sep 25, 2009

  2. W. eWatson

    W. eWatson Guest

    W. eWatson wrote:
    > A friend is looking for some help with how to use Python to access a
    > WinTV (Go Plus) capture card, and how to display an image from it. Is
    > there some facility that might help him, or does anyone have experience
    > with such use that might suggest sources?

    Win XP OS. Any general methods for dealing with such commercially built
    capture cards?
    W. eWatson, Sep 25, 2009

  3. W. eWatson

    W. eWatson Guest

    Tim Roberts wrote:
    > "W. eWatson" <> wrote:
    >
    >> W. eWatson wrote:
    >>> A friend is looking for some help with how to use Python to access a
    >>> WinTV (Go Plus) capture card, and how to display an image from it. Is
    >>> there some facility that might help him, or does anyone have experience
    >>> with such use that might suggest sources?

    >> Win XP OS. Any general methods for dealing with such commercially built
    >> capture cards?

    > Let me Google that for you.
    >
    > http://www.lmgtfy.com?q=python video capture windows
    >
    > Most such devices use DirectShow, so you need a C++ extension.

    He's headed down the c++ path now, and MSDN might be a better place to
    discover what can be done with Python and WinTV. A google there has
    proven fruitful, but my friend will have to determine how fruitful. I'm
    waiting for Hauppauge to respond to my request.

    His facilities do not allow him to get out to the internet.
    W. eWatson, Sep 27, 2009