    variables. I also need the <xsl:result-document> element.

    TIA,
    Ted
    ted, Feb 15, 2004

  2. "ted" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there a XSL transformer that is faster than Saxon but with similiar
    > features? I've come to rely on the saxon:assignable attribute for xsl
    > variables. I also need the <xsl:result-document> element.

    AFAIK no other XSLT processor has something similar to saxon:assignable.

    This is why it is a good recommendation not to use extension
    elements/functions:
    - one of the results is unbreakable dependency on proprietory
    extensions.

    - another bad result is that getting accustomed to such extensions
    affects the ability to really program in XSLT.

    Cheers,

    Dimitre Novatchev [XML MVP],
    FXSL developer, XML Insider,

    Dimitre Novatchev [MVP XML], Feb 16, 2004