Anything faster than Saxon with similiar features?

ted

Hi,

Is there a XSL transformer that is faster than Saxon but with similiar
features? I've come to rely on the saxon:assignable attribute for xsl
variables. I also need the <xsl:result-document> element.

TIA,
Ted

Dimitre Novatchev [MVP XML]

ted said:
Hi,

Is there a XSL transformer that is faster than Saxon but with similiar
features? I've come to rely on the saxon:assignable attribute for xsl
variables. I also need the <xsl:result-document> element.

AFAIK no other XSLT processor has something similar to saxon:assignable.

This is why it is a good recommendation not to use extension
elements/functions:
- one of the results is unbreakable dependency on proprietory
extensions.

- another bad result is that getting accustomed to such extensions
affects the ability to really program in XSLT.

Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev [XML MVP],
FXSL developer, XML Insider,