Anything like Array.contains? method

Paul Sholtz

Is there a method in the Ruby array object that gives anything like a
"contains?" method, to test if an object is already in the Array?

For the time being, I've extended the Array class as follows:

http://pastie.org/1627594

I wondered if this was a good way, or if there was already something in
the API that allowed for this. I couldn't seem to find anything..

Jos Backus

Is there a method in the Ruby array object that gives anything like a
"contains?" method, to test if an object is already in the Array?

For the time being, I've extended the Array class as follows:

http://pastie.org/1627594

I wondered if this was a good way, or if there was already something in
the API that allowed for this. I couldn't seem to find anything..
Array.include?

$B209qMZ(B

2011/3/3 Paul Sholtz said:
Is there a method in the Ruby array object that gives anything like a
"contains?" method, to test if an object is already in the Array?

How about include?

Karuppasamy M

Returns the index of the first object in *self* such that is =3D=3D to *obj=
*.
Returns nil if no match is found.

a =3D [ "a", "b", "c" ]
a.index("b") #=3D> 1