Anyway to extract properties and interfaces provided by any object.

iceColdFire

Hi,

Scenario is that I have a lib where I am using its class Robot to
create my own objects..

Now here comes the trouble part...I dont have its API...
I used dumpbin \exports but could not get properties...
any way to get full details of all properties and interfaces an object
implements just from the instance of the object...

Thanks..
a.a.cpp

Wiseguy

iceColdFire said:
Hi,

Scenario is that I have a lib where I am using its class Robot to
create my own objects..

Now here comes the trouble part...I dont have its API...
I used dumpbin \exports but could not get properties...
any way to get full details of all properties and interfaces an object
implements just from the instance of the object...

I don't think so...at least not unless the library was designed using
one of the standardized object packaging APIs like CORBA or some such
beast.

iceColdFire

::Wiseguy

Okey...that means , if there are no docs or API's or headers manual,
all library is just waste...maybe better to call garbage...

what info goes into every object instance, atleast it should be having
all the properties and interfaces names for namel lookup...
Any suggestions...

::aa.c[pp]++

Karl Heinz Buchegger

iceColdFire said:
::Wiseguy

Okey...that means , if there are no docs or API's or headers manual,
all library is just waste...maybe better to call garbage...

what info goes into every object instance, atleast it should be having
all the properties and interfaces names for namel lookup...
Any suggestions...

Talk to the guy who wrote the library.
Everything else is just wasting time.

iceColdFire

::Wiseguy

Thanks buddy ...
Sure I shall be gettin in touch with the tech support team of the
library vendor...if any such team exists.

+a.a.cpp