AOL and Cookies

Big E

I'm using Forms Security with ASP.Net. Because of this we send a cookie to
the users computer to validate username and password and allow them to
cruise the site.

We are having difficulties with AOL users. Could it be because of the proxy
load balancing giving seperate IP addresses for different pages.

Any ideas would be great

Thanks.

John Saunders

Big E said:
I'm using Forms Security with ASP.Net. Because of this we send a cookie to
the users computer to validate username and password and allow them to
cruise the site.

We are having difficulties with AOL users.

Could you please elaborate? What kind of trouble? Exactly what do the users
see?
Could it be because of the proxy
load balancing giving seperate IP addresses for different pages.

Any ideas would be great

Most cookie problems have to do with the cookie reaching the client browser,
but the client not sending the cookie back to the web server. The trick is
to figure out why that is the case. If you tell us what symptoms you're
seeing, we may be able to help you figure it out.