AOL ends support for Netscape Navigator

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

VK said:

Sometimes you can't eat as much as you would have to vomit. After all, it
was AOHell/TimeWarner who, after the takeover of Netscape in 1999, released
Netscape 6 from a pre-beta Mozilla trunk in 2000 (for which we will be
eternally grateful), and shut down the Netscape browser division in 2003,
firing the rest of the Netscape developers who worked for the Mozilla
project which almost meant the end to that project. And then they
outsourced the Netscape development to Copernic Tech. in Canada which
resulted in a version 8.0 that was no longer available for other platforms
than MS Windows, and used Trident instead of Gecko where convenient.

Now that the Netscape browser brand has been completely deconstructed by
them so you can't make a profit from it anymore, they let it die.

http://www.holgermetzger.de/Netscape_History.html
P.S. Happy New Year to everyone!

Thanks, you too.

PointedEars