Apache::ASP Package (PM) refresh problem

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Islaw, Aug 11, 2003.

  1. Islaw

    Islaw Guest

    I'm using Apache:ASP version 2.53, Perl 5.6.1, RH 7.3, Apache/1.3.23 (with
    mod_perl and FP 5.0)

    ASP Perl works quite nicely, but I noticed that if I create a user made .pm
    file package (note: it was in same dir as the .asp file), it reads it and
    uses it's code, but I noticed that when making changes to the .pm file, it
    doesn't always refresh to show them. What's really strange is that as I keep
    refreshing the asp page (to show the same results again and again - the asp
    file is called from a .htm file wit ha form in it), sometimes it shows the
    newest version (the output is generate by a function in the pm file calling
    $main::Response:write), sometimes an older one, and sometimes it gives me an
    error that it could not find the "new" function (I have one as the
    constructor) and that it could not be loaded.

    Its as if it's fighting with the cache weather or not to display the current
    or an old version. Is there any way around this? I looked around the apache
    asp website docs but nothing about this was turned up. Perldoc wasn't much
    help either as it doesn't deal with ASP Perl.

    Thanks for any help.

    --
    Islaw

    Islaw, Aug 11, 2003

  2. Islaw

    Islaw Guest

    Islaw wrote:
    > I'm using Apache:ASP version 2.53, Perl 5.6.1, RH 7.3, Apache/1.3.23
    > (with mod_perl and FP 5.0)

    [...]
    > output is generate by a function in the pm file calling
    > $main::Response:write), sometimes an older one, and sometimes it

    Small correction, that should read $main::Response->Write(). I also tried
    using print() btw too.

    --
    Islaw

    Islaw, Aug 11, 2003