    name).

    What is the workaround?

    Thanks.
    Jacob, Oct 28, 2004

  2. Jacob

    Paul Lutus Guest

    Jacob wrote:

    > Apache Axis 1.1 doesn't work well with JDK1.5
    > due to naming problems (using "enum" as package
    > name).
    >
    > What is the workaround?

    If there is a conflict, change the names in the source files.

    If you don't have access to the original source, you are out of luck.

    --
    Paul Lutus
    http://www.arachnoid.com
    Paul Lutus, Oct 28, 2004

  3. Chris Riesbeck, Oct 28, 2004
  4. Jacob

    Jacob Guest

    Paul Lutus wrote:

    >>Apache Axis 1.1 doesn't work well with JDK1.5
    >>due to naming problems (using "enum" as package
    >>name).
    >>
    >>What is the workaround?

    > If there is a conflict, change the names in the source files.
    >
    > If you don't have access to the original source, you are out of luck.

    Apache is open source so I can fix it for sure,
    but as others probably have encounterd the problem
    already I am after a more gracious solution, like:

    o Apache Axis 1.5 or
    o SomeoneElses Axis 1.1
    o etc.

    :)
    Jacob, Oct 28, 2004
  5. Jacob

    Jacob Guest

    Jacob, Oct 28, 2004
  6. "Jacob" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Apache Axis 1.1 doesn't work well with JDK1.5
    > due to naming problems (using "enum" as package
    > name).
    >
    > What is the workaround?

    Try the "-source 1.4" flag on javac.
    Mike Schilling, Oct 28, 2004
  7. In article <>, Jacob <> wrote:

    > Chris Riesbeck wrote:
    >
    > > use Axis 1.2?
    > >
    > > http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/ws/axis/1_2RC1/

    > Does it fix the problem?

    I don't know about the enum problem, but according to the
    following site it fixed some XML parsing problems introduced
    by Java 1.5, so I assume it runs on 1.5:

    http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jsp?forum=34&thread=560999&tstart=15&trange=15

    > And as it will be used with production code I really
    > dislike the "RC1" suffix :)

    I'm not sure anything in web services is all that stable
    yet.
    Chris Riesbeck, Oct 29, 2004