Apache axis on Tomcat 5.59, Java 1.5.0_01

Discussion in 'Java' started by pitthekid, Jun 6, 2005.

  1. pitthekid

    pitthekid Guest

    Hello,

    I am a newbie in Webservices and try to install one on Tomcat 5.5.9.

    The url
    http://localhost:8087/axis/services/AdminService?wsdl
    displays the correct xml File. :)

    Now I wrote a new java file saved it under Calculator.jws.
    The url
    http://localhost:8087/axis/services/Calculator.jws, displays the
    message:
    "There is a Web Service here
    Click to see the WSDL." :)

    But now: If i click onthe link "Click to see the WSDL" then following
    error is displayed:

    error:
    AXIS error
    Sorry, something seems to have gone wrong... here are the details:

    Fault - Error while compiling: C:\Programme\Apache Group\Tomcat
    5.59\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\jwsClasses\EchoHeaders.java
    AxisFault
    faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}Server.compileError
    faultSubcode:
    faultString: Error while compiling: C:\Programme\Apache Group\Tomcat
    5.59\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\jwsClasses\EchoHeaders.java
    faultActor:
    faultNode:
    faultDetail:
    {}Errors: Error compiling C:\Programme\Apache Group\Tomcat
    5.59\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\jwsClasses\EchoHeaders.java:
    Line 0, column 0: could not parse error message: Note:
    sun.tools.javac.Main has been deprecated.
    error: Invalid class file format in
    C:\Programme\Java\jre1.5.0_01\lib\rt.jar(java/util/Enumeration.class).
    The major.minor version '49.0' is too recent for this tool to
    understand.
    C:\Programme\Apache Group\Tomcat
    5.59\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\jwsClasses\EchoHeaders.java:60: Class
    java.util.Enumeration not found in import.
    import java.util.Enumeration;
    ^

    => :-( :-( .

    Somehow the java File cannot be compiled by Tomcat. Have I forgotten to
    set a PATH or CLASSPATH Variable?

    I would appreciate help very much.

    Thanks in advance,
    Peter
    pitthekid, Jun 6, 2005

  2. pitthekid

    Shai Guest

    Looks like Java class versions problem...
    If your code is compiled to run under JVM 1.5, make sure you're using a
    compatible axis version, and running Tomact using the same JVM and Java
    libraries version your code is compatible with.
    From the error message it looks like the compiler Tomcat uses doesn't
    like the Enumeration class of Java 1.5 runtime, which makes me think
    that the compiler you're running is a Java 1.4 or lower compiler...

    HTH,

    Shai

    Shai, Jun 8, 2005

  3. pitthekid

    pitthekid Guest

    Hello Shai,

    Thanks for this tipp. I corrected my JAVA_HOME, but didn't get any
    further.

    I created a new jws file, put it into the axis directory and it was
    compiled. I can see the xml file
    http://localhost:8087/axis/Calculator.jws?wsdl
    But I can't Url type:
    http://localhost:8087/axis/Calculator.jws?method=add
    This url can't be found then. The same happens with
    http://localhost:8087/axis/EchoHeaders.jws?method=list -->The url can't
    be found. :-( (HTTP 500)

    Maybe Ishould be more familiar with Web-SErvices. The files are
    correctly compiled into the jws classes directory.

    pitthekid, Jun 9, 2005