Apache axis on Tomcat 5.59, Java 1.5.0_01

pitthekid

Hello,

I am a newbie in Webservices and try to install one on Tomcat 5.5.9.

The url
http://localhost:8087/axis/services/AdminService?wsdl
displays the correct xml File. :)

Now I wrote a new java file saved it under Calculator.jws.
The url
http://localhost:8087/axis/services/Calculator.jws, displays the
message:
"There is a Web Service here
Click to see the WSDL." :)

But now: If i click onthe link "Click to see the WSDL" then following
error is displayed:

error:
AXIS error
Sorry, something seems to have gone wrong... here are the details:

Fault - Error while compiling: C:\Programme\Apache Group\Tomcat
5.59\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\jwsClasses\EchoHeaders.java
AxisFault
faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}Server.compileError
faultSubcode:
faultString: Error while compiling: C:\Programme\Apache Group\Tomcat
5.59\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\jwsClasses\EchoHeaders.java
faultActor:
faultNode:
faultDetail:
{}Errors: Error compiling C:\Programme\Apache Group\Tomcat
5.59\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\jwsClasses\EchoHeaders.java:
Line 0, column 0: could not parse error message: Note:
sun.tools.javac.Main has been deprecated.
error: Invalid class file format in
C:\Programme\Java\jre1.5.0_01\lib\rt.jar(java/util/Enumeration.class).
The major.minor version '49.0' is too recent for this tool to
understand.
C:\Programme\Apache Group\Tomcat
5.59\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\jwsClasses\EchoHeaders.java:60: Class
java.util.Enumeration not found in import.
import java.util.Enumeration;
^

=> :-( :-( .

Somehow the java File cannot be compiled by Tomcat. Have I forgotten to
set a PATH or CLASSPATH Variable?

I would appreciate help very much.

Thanks in advance,
Peter

Shai

Looks like Java class versions problem...
If your code is compiled to run under JVM 1.5, make sure you're using a
compatible axis version, and running Tomact using the same JVM and Java
libraries version your code is compatible with.
From the error message it looks like the compiler Tomcat uses doesn't
like the Enumeration class of Java 1.5 runtime, which makes me think
that the compiler you're running is a Java 1.4 or lower compiler...

HTH,

Shai

pitthekid

Hello Shai,

Thanks for this tipp. I corrected my JAVA_HOME, but didn't get any
further.

I created a new jws file, put it into the axis directory and it was
compiled. I can see the xml file
http://localhost:8087/axis/Calculator.jws?wsdl
But I can't Url type:
http://localhost:8087/axis/Calculator.jws?method=add
This url can't be found then. The same happens with
http://localhost:8087/axis/EchoHeaders.jws?method=list -->The url can't
be found. :-( (HTTP 500)

Maybe Ishould be more familiar with Web-SErvices. The files are
correctly compiled into the jws classes directory.