    create some stubs, but my question is: do I also need to be running
    axis locally on my PC ion order to call a webservice on the internet?

    Thanks

    Paul Ashby, Jan 12, 2005

  2. Paul Ashby

    Chris Smith Guest

    Paul Ashby <> wrote:
    > I don't need to create a webservice, I just want to call someone elses
    > existing service. I know I can use the wsdl2java program from axis to
    > create some stubs, but my question is: do I also need to be running
    > axis locally on my PC ion order to call a webservice on the internet?

    You don't need to "run" anything on your local PC. However, you do need
    to build the stubs, and include both them and the JAR files from Axis's
    lib directory within the classpath of your application. The easiest way
    to do that is by dropping them into jre/lib/ext. If you're using SOAP
    with attachments, you'll also need to obtain the JAF and JavaMail libs
    from java.sun.com, and include those in the application.

    --
    www.designacourse.com

    MindIQ Corporation

    Chris Smith, Jan 12, 2005