Apache AXIS question

Paul Ashby

I don't need to create a webservice, I just want to call someone elses
existing service. I know I can use the wsdl2java program from axis to
create some stubs, but my question is: do I also need to be running
axis locally on my PC ion order to call a webservice on the internet?

Thanks

Chris Smith

Paul Ashby said:
I don't need to create a webservice, I just want to call someone elses
existing service. I know I can use the wsdl2java program from axis to
create some stubs, but my question is: do I also need to be running
axis locally on my PC ion order to call a webservice on the internet?

You don't need to "run" anything on your local PC. However, you do need
to build the stubs, and include both them and the JAR files from Axis's
lib directory within the classpath of your application. The easiest way
to do that is by dropping them into jre/lib/ext. If you're using SOAP
with attachments, you'll also need to obtain the JAF and JavaMail libs
from java.sun.com, and include those in the application.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation