apache axis returning abstract arrays

Urgo Ringo

Hi,

I want to return an array of abstract complex types in Axis SOAP
service. I have two concrete classes Concrete1 and Concrete2 in Java
which extends abstract class Abtract1. For some reason Axis is not
adding these concrete types to WSDL generated from WSDD. Consequently
trying to access this service using client generated from WSDL fails.

In WSDD I have defined all three types like this:

<beanMapping qname="test:Concrete1" xmlns:test="urn:Test"
languageSpecificType="java:Concrete1"/>
<beanMapping qname="test:Concrete2" xmlns:test="urn:Test"
languageSpecificType="java:Concrete2"/>
<beanMapping qname="test:Abstract1" xmlns:test="urn:Test"
languageSpecificType="java:Abstract1"/>

Should I add something to this WSDD? I'm using Apache Axis 1.2.1

Thanks,
Urgo

conor.macmahon

Hi Urgo,
Had to determine your problem, I think you need to give more
description? Can you at least give the definition of the Abstract1
class, but say Concrete1 that inherits Abstract1 interface?
Plus remember that when defining these interfaces, try to
use the more generic datatypes so that you can interoperate your web
service between clients of different frameworks (i.e. j2ee client, or
..net client?).
Have you used the java2wsdl tool to help generate the wsdl
file from java? This tool may be able to prompt you if the datatypes
you're using are not suitable?
By the by, how/why are you generating the wsdl from the wsdd
file? Did not know you could do that? From my understanding, the wsdd
file is used for web service deployment information, not describing the
web service specific api interface, which is the job of the wsdl file?
All the best Urgo,
Conor