Apache Axis Timeout setting, wsdd Web service

Discussion in 'Java' started by danparker276@yahoo.com, Jul 25, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I'm getting a timeout error when calling the java web service server
    with my client. It only happens when i have files over 80k.

    I tried to put this in the config wsdd file, but it didn't work.

    This is my error: (calling with a .net client

    <parameter name="Timeout" value="2"/>
    error is :System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException:
    java.net.SocketTimeoutEx
    ception: Read timed out
    at
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClie
    ntMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean
    asyncCal
    l)
    at
    methodN
    ame, Object[] parameters)
    at AlertServiceService.email(Int32[] in0, Int32 in1, String in2,
    String in3,
    String in4, String in5, Int32 in6)
    at AlertClient.Client.Main(String[] args) in
    c:\umg\win\alertclient\src\clien
    t.cs:line 133
    , Jul 25, 2005

    Timeouts are configured on the client side - think about it. With Axis
    its like:

    //set timeout - default is 60s
    call.setTimeout(new Integer(timeout));

    See your client docs, it'll have a timeout.

    HTH,
    iksrazal
    http://www.braziloutsource.com/
    , Jul 26, 2005