    be what I need but I am not sure how to get started? Any tips on how
    to access an already existing service?

    thanks
    cdvr, Apr 10, 2007

  2. cdvr wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am new to SOAP and Axis2, but here is what I am trying to do.
    > There is a web service which has a URL that I can view:
    > www.somesite.com/BlahService.asmx ....this service has an operation,
    > "getNames". I am trying to figure out how to create a client which
    > accesses this web service. From what I googled I think Axis2 should
    > be what I need but I am not sure how to get started? Any tips on how
    > to access an already existing service?

    You can use axis2 to generate stubs.

    Here are an ant fragment to do that:

    <taskdef name="codegen"
    classname="org.apache.axis2.tool.ant.AntCodegenTask"
    classpathref="axis2.classpath"/>
    <target name="stubgen">
    <codegen wsdlfilename="${wsdl.url}" output="${gensrc.dir}"
    packagename="foobar.stub"/>
    </target>

    Arne
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=, Apr 10, 2007

  3. cdvr

    DougJrs Guest

    On Apr 9, 7:37 pm, "cdvr" <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am new to SOAP and Axis2, but here is what I am trying to do.
    > There is a web service which has a URL that I can view:www.somesite.com/BlahService.asmx....this service has an operation,
    > "getNames". I am trying to figure out how to create a client which
    > accesses this web service. From what I googled I think Axis2 should
    > be what I need but I am not sure how to get started? Any tips on how
    > to access an already existing service?
    >
    > thanks

    Here are a couple of links to pretty good examples:
    http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xmljava/chapters/ch03s05.html
    http://xmlgateway.its.utexas.edu/docs/java_ex_soap.html
    Google Page, lots of info and examples:
    http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach...tml java soap client&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=6&gl=us