Apache Axis2 - create a client to access a SOAP service

cdvr

Hi,
I am new to SOAP and Axis2, but here is what I am trying to do.
There is a web service which has a URL that I can view:
www.somesite.com/BlahService.asmx ....this service has an operation,
"getNames". I am trying to figure out how to create a client which
accesses this web service. From what I googled I think Axis2 should
be what I need but I am not sure how to get started? Any tips on how
to access an already existing service?

thanks

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

cdvr said:
Hi,
I am new to SOAP and Axis2, but here is what I am trying to do.
There is a web service which has a URL that I can view:
www.somesite.com/BlahService.asmx ....this service has an operation,
"getNames". I am trying to figure out how to create a client which
accesses this web service. From what I googled I think Axis2 should
be what I need but I am not sure how to get started? Any tips on how
to access an already existing service?

You can use axis2 to generate stubs.

Here are an ant fragment to do that:

<taskdef name="codegen"
classname="org.apache.axis2.tool.ant.AntCodegenTask"
classpathref="axis2.classpath"/>
<target name="stubgen">
<codegen wsdlfilename="${wsdl.url}" output="${gensrc.dir}"
packagename="foobar.stub"/>
</target>

Arne

DougJrs

Hi,
I am new to SOAP and Axis2, but here is what I am trying to do.
There is a web service which has a URL that I can view:www.somesite.com/BlahService.asmx....this service has an operation,
"getNames". I am trying to figure out how to create a client which
accesses this web service. From what I googled I think Axis2 should
be what I need but I am not sure how to get started? Any tips on how
to access an already existing service?

thanks

Here are a couple of links to pretty good examples:
http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xmljava/chapters/ch03s05.html
http://xmlgateway.its.utexas.edu/docs/java_ex_soap.html
Google Page, lots of info and examples:
http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach...tml+java+soap+client&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=6&gl=us