    Thanks.

    Hopeful,

    Michael

    Michael Post, Aug 20, 2009

  2. "Michael Post" <> wrote in message
    news:4a8d7c4c$0$32680$-online.net
    > Hello,
    >
    > Apache Axis 2 throws the following error to me.
    >
    > org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Transaction not active
    >
    > Has somebody any idea what does it mean?
    > With online search engines i can not find anything
    > related to this.

    Most propably it is not an Axis error message, but your @WebMethod or
    another method is a Session Bean, and the error takes place there.

    Check out your implementation of the web service and try to catch errors
    there and log them better.

    In Axis 1.4 which I am more familiar, the generated interfaces throws only a
    RMIException, which may discard the underlying cause from user. You better
    to catch your exceptions and log them properly.

    Donkey Hottie, Aug 21, 2009

  3. Michael Post

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 18:39:40 +0200, Michael Post <>

    >org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Transaction not active

    What sorts of transactions could it be talking about? EJB, SQL?

    It might mean a timeout. By the time the information was ready, the
    transaction waiting for it had given up and terminated.
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com

    http://thecovemovie.com : The Cove: a documentary about Japan's secret atrocities against dolphins.

    Roedy Green, Aug 22, 2009
  4. Michael Post

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 18:39:40 +0200, Michael Post <>

    >org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Transaction not active

    If you follow the stack trace, what were you doing at the time? Was
    it something that required you to be in the middle of a transaction?

    Roedy Green, Aug 22, 2009
  5. Michael Post

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    Michael Post wrote:
    > Apache Axis 2 throws the following error to me.
    >
    > org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Transaction not active
    >
    > Has somebody any idea what does it mean?
    > With online search engines i can not find anything related to this.

    Most likely it is an exception happening server server that
    just get wrapped as an AxisFault.

    So start troubleshooting server side.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Aug 22, 2009
  6. Michael Post

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    Roedy Green wrote:
    > On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 18:39:40 +0200, Michael Post <>
    >> org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Transaction not active

    > If you follow the stack trace, what were you doing at the time? Was
    > it something that required you to be in the middle of a transaction?

    It is not a client side exception.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Aug 22, 2009