Apache Batik - Question on editing SVG file and transform the graphics to other formats (e.g. JPG, P

Discussion in 'Java' started by Brian K, Oct 12, 2003.

  1. Brian K

    Brian K Guest

    I am new to Apache Batik and I am now doing a SVG Editor for my
    project.

    I use Java as programming language. I use Batik to generate the SVG
    from Java Graphics2D, as I would like to transform the SVG to other
    graphics formats (e.g. JPG, PNG, TIFF), an error occured, the error is
    that the graphics don't specify the size of graphics, so that even I
    can transform to JPG (for example), but the JPG file cannot display
    any graphics. Then I edit the SVG source code (XML) manually to
    specify the width and height, it's work. Then I program the code to
    edit the XML, SVG source code, then there is a problem. The way I used
    is read the XML file by using java.io then pass to a stringbuffer to
    edit, but it's so strange that the java.io skip some line of SVG
    source code. The original source code are shown as following:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

    <!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC '-//W3C//DTD SVG 1.0//EN'
    'http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-SVG-20010904/DTD/svg10.dtd'>
    <svg xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" style="fill-opacity:1;
    color-rendering:auto; color-interpolation:auto; stroke:black;
    text-rendering:auto; stroke-linecap:square; stroke-miterlimit:10;
    shape-rendering:auto; stroke-opacity:1; fill:black;
    stroke-dasharray:none; font-weight:normal; stroke-width:1;
    font-family:&apos;sansserif&apos;; font-style:normal;
    stroke-linejoin:miter; font-size:12; stroke-dashoffset:0;
    image-rendering:auto;" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg">
    <!--Generated by the Batik Graphics2D SVG Generator-->
    <defs id="genericDefs" />
    <g>
    <g style="fill:blue; stroke:blue;">
    <circle r="50" style="stroke:none;" cx="60" cy="60" />
    </g>
    </g>
    </svg>

    The lines skip are:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

    <!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC '-//W3C//DTD SVG 1.0//EN'
    'http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-SVG-20010904/DTD/svg10.dtd'>

    <!--Generated by the Batik Graphics2D SVG Generator-->

    As the last one is comment, then it's not problem, but I think that
    the reason that cannot transform to JPG is that the java.io skip the
    line of <?xml...> and <!DOCTYPE svg...>

    Usually the java.io ignore the syntax of the text, then what's
    happened so that it skipped the line?

    Or if there any method or class in Batik can be used to edit the SVG
    source code by programming?

    Please reply to me though email:

    Thanks for answering the question! : )

    Brian K, Oct 12, 2003