Apache conf file parser

Steve

Hi,
Does anyone here know of any free/open source Apache conf file
parsers written in python ?? I found quite a few of them written in
perl, but I am writing my app, in python and don't want to call perl
scripts from python just for this.
OTOH, any pointers or links to docs that describe how to use
alchemist to do apache conf file parsing would also be welcome.

TIA
Steve