Apache: mod_python

Tim Adler

Hello everyone!

Perhaps this is not the right place to ask, but I cannot find a better one.
I'm trying to get Python to run as an Apache module (basically I would like
to use ViewCVS).

I installed mod_python and added this stuff to the httpd.conf

LoadModule python_module libexec/mod_python.so
AddHandler python-program .py
PythonHandler mod_python.publisher
PythonDebug OnStill when I access a given .py file (the one that ViewCVS
suggests), I get an 500-error and the Apache states in the error.log that it
cannot import a "mod_python.apache".Can somebody help me ?Thx, Tim

David M. Wilson

Tim Adler said:
Still when I access a given .py file (the one that ViewCVS
suggests), I get an 500-error and the Apache states in the error.log that it
cannot import a "mod_python.apache".Can somebody help me ?Thx, Tim

Did you follow the mod_python install instructions to the letter? The
above suggests an incomplete install. Failling that, have you manually
upgraded Python on the machine? mod_python may be linked against one
version of Python, but may have it's package installed in the library
directory of another.

HTH,

David.