Apache + Rails Problem (ugh), works on WebRICK

Abraham Vionas

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C4D66D.616A1CE0

Like the subject indicates I finally got the Todo tutorial to work perfectly
using WebRICK. However, I'm mystified as to why I'm having the problems I am
with Apache 2.0.52. Granted, I'm not using Fast CGI or mod_ruby, since I'm
on windows machine, but even still I get the impression that things should
still work. I suspect a mod_rewrite problem. Basically, on Apache I can get
to the "Welcome to Rails" screen just fine, but then without changing my
httpd.conf file I can't pull up the Todo screen (i.e.
http://localhost/Todo/). In order for the Todo screen to show up I have to
go into my httpd.conf file for Apache and change my document root settings,
as well as Virtual Server document root settings (from the settings that
worked to get me to localhost - i.e. C:/cs/www/rails/public).

*However*, even I I change those settings to pull up the Todo page then the
page doesn't do anything. I.e. it's completely static. I can click on the
links (show, edit, destroy, new todo) but nothing happens.

Just so we're clear, WebRICK works perfectly (as expected and indicated in
the tutorial) but Apache does not. Does anyone recognize these symptoms and
have any advice for me?

Regards, Abe

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C4D66D.616A1CE0--

Sarah Tanembaum

Abraham said:
[...]

I've got the same result as well but quite useless under Windows/Apache.
I don't think that it will be easy to get it to work on windows, if ever
since, IMO, it needs fcgi and/or mod_ruby to work under windows.