Apache Referencing META-INF Directory

Gary V

I am using apache 2.0 and when I attempt to load a Java jar file, from
within an html page, it writes the following error message to the log
file:

File does not exist: /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/java/META-INF

The Apache DocumentRoot directory is /usr/local/apache2/htdocs.

I included a Meta file when creating the .jar file but then what causes
Apache to access this directory?

Gary V

Gary V

I am using apache 2.0 and when I attempt to load a Java jar file, from
within an html page, it writes the following error message to the log
file:

File does not exist: /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/java/META-INF

The Apache DocumentRoot directory is /usr/local/apache2/htdocs.

I included a Meta file when creating the .jar file but then what causes
Apache to access this directory?

After installing this Java application on a system with Apache 1.3,
the error message was defined further to include an exact file name in
the error message:

<apache root>/META-INF/services/javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory

As I understand it, this is one of the locations a class will look for
a service provider configuration file. The applet seems to run fine
regardless of the error and I was able to eliminate the error by
creating a zero length file with this name. As an alternative, is
there an apache configuration setting I could use to prevent the error
in the first place? Or am I approaching this wrong?

Gary V

freddiemac

You know this doesn't make sense, right?
Apache doesn't run java.
The concept of "loading a jar file" doesn't hold any meaning.
Java doesn't care about an Apache root directory
META-INF is usually located inside your webapp tree
I've never heard of a Java container looking for javax in META-INF, but
what do I know?
Yes, I would say creating a zero-length file to hide an error probably
comes under the category "wrong".
Applet? What does that have to do with Apache?