    Serializer.

    I ran the SOAP interop example and it worked...

    Any ideas?

    codehead, Jun 13, 2005

  2. codehead

    JScoobyCed Guest

    codehead wrote:
    > I'm running Tomcat 4.1.31 and Apache SOAP 2.3.1 on OS X 10.3.9 and I'm
    > getting a strange error. When reading the deployment descriptor, SOAP
    > on the server throws a "could not be resolved as a serializer"
    > exception.
    > The class it complains about is in the Tomcat CLASSPATH because I've
    > tried specifying it as the javaType and it does not complain there.
    > I even looked at the SOAP source code. The only thing is does besides
    > load the class is cast it to a Serializer, but my class implements
    > Serializer.
    >
    > I ran the SOAP interop example and it worked...
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Just a quick thought:

    is the Serializer interface you implement the one from your web-service
    package?

    --
    JSC

    JScoobyCed, Jun 13, 2005

  3. codehead

    codehead Guest

    I'm using org.apache.soap.util.xml.Serializer.
    I've been messing with the SOAP code and it's getting a
    ClassCastException but it shouldn't. It loads the class just find,
    creates an instance, but fails to cast that instance to a Serializer.
    I also printed the implemented interfaces on the server side and
    Serializer is the first in the array.

    could this be a JVM error?

    codehead, Jun 13, 2005
  4. codehead

    codehead Guest

    Looks like it was because there are two ClassLoaders working in Tomcat,
    The webapps loader and the Standard loader. The Serializer Class was
    loaded twice, once by each loader...

    codehead, Jun 13, 2005