Apache Tomcat 4.1.24: problem with Tomcat Administration link

Discussion in 'Java' started by Christos Gravvanis, Jul 7, 2004.

  1. Hello to everyone,

    I installed Apache Tomcat 4.1.24 (jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24.exe) in Windows 2000
    Professional (Service Pack 4). At the start of the installation, the
    installer found correctly the directory of the j2sdk (C:\j2sdk1.4.2_03).
    During the installation I chose the Normal Installation Option and at the
    end I left the HHTP Connector Port to 8080 as it was by default.
    After the successful installation I started the server and tried to test it.
    I opened a browser and I gave the address http://localhost:8080/. The start
    page of the server showed up successfully! I clicked on the Tomcat
    Administration link (top-left link with address
    http://localhost:8080/admin/) and the server responded with an error!!

    ***************************
    HTTP Status 500 -
    ------------------

    type: Exception report
    message:
    from fulfilling this request.

    exception:

    javax.servlet.ServletException: org/w3c/dom/ranges/DocumentRange
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:249)
    at
    FilterChain.java:247)
    at
    ction(Http11Protocol.java:392)
    at
    org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:565)
    at
    a:619)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

    root cause:

    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/w3c/dom/ranges/DocumentRange
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:251)
    at
    org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:594)
    at
    ction(Http11Protocol.java:392)
    at
    org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:565)
    at
    a:619)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

    Does anyone know what is wrong with the server? Why does the Administration
    tool respond with an exception??
    I have unistalled and reinstalled the server lots of times, but the result
    was the same!

    Thanks in advance!
    Christos Gravvanis, Jul 7, 2004