    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary
    http://mindprod.com
    Roedy Green, Jul 31, 2008

  2. Roedy Green <> wrote in
    news::

    > Apache Tomcat 6.0.18 came out yesterday. I could not find the
    > release notes to see what they changed that would have any impact on
    > writing Java code.

    Propably a bug fix release. ..18 can not be a major newbie.
    Donkey Hottie, Jul 31, 2008

  3. Roedy Green

    Dave Miller Guest

    Dave Miller, Jul 31, 2008
  4. Roedy Green

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    Roedy Green wrote:
    > Apache Tomcat 6.0.18 came out yesterday. I could not find the
    > release notes to see what they changed that would have any impact on
    > writing Java code.

    My understanding of Tomcat versions numbers are:

    first => internal architecture

    first.second => servlet and JSP specification supported

    ..third = only implementation changes typical bug fixes

    So 6.0.16 -> 6.0.18 should not have any effect on your code.

    (unless it in some way relies on Tomcat internal code)

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, Jul 31, 2008