    Tomcat!!

    How tedious.
    be aware: write down teh default user/passwords when you install...
    gbruno, Apr 27, 2005

  2. Hello,

    gbruno wrote:
    > Trying to open the tomcat Manager, I tried a few user/password
    > before I discovered the plaintext passwords in the xml
    > - in fact is appears to be admin/""
    >
    > Now I am locked out and I will need to de-install and re-install
    > Tomcat!!
    >
    > How tedious.
    > be aware: write down teh default user/passwords when you install...

    I think that tomcat has no default user/password für manager or admin.
    Tomcat stored it in the 'tomcat-users.xml' which is to edit at the
    firsttime do you use the manager or admin.

    ----------------------
    http://www.smurfi.de
    Kroll, Michael, Apr 27, 2005

  3. gbruno

    Bryce Guest

    On 26 Apr 2005 21:51:30 -0700, "gbruno" <> wrote:

    >Trying to open the tomcat Manager, I tried a few user/password
    >before I discovered the plaintext passwords in the xml
    >- in fact is appears to be admin/""
    >
    >Now I am locked out and I will need to de-install and re-install
    >Tomcat!!
    >
    >How tedious.
    >be aware: write down teh default user/passwords when you install...

    uhhh..... Why don't you just edit the tomcat-users.xml? You don't need
    to reinstall.

    Just add a user that has the admin and/or manager roles.

    --
    now with more cowbell
    Bryce, Apr 27, 2005