apache tomcat Gotcha

gbruno

Trying to open the tomcat Manager, I tried a few user/password
before I discovered the plaintext passwords in the xml
- in fact is appears to be admin/""

Now I am locked out and I will need to de-install and re-install
Tomcat!!

How tedious.
be aware: write down teh default user/passwords when you install...

Kroll, Michael

Hello,
Trying to open the tomcat Manager, I tried a few user/password
before I discovered the plaintext passwords in the xml
- in fact is appears to be admin/""

Now I am locked out and I will need to de-install and re-install
Tomcat!!

How tedious.
be aware: write down teh default user/passwords when you install...

I think that tomcat has no default user/password für manager or admin.
Tomcat stored it in the 'tomcat-users.xml' which is to edit at the
firsttime do you use the manager or admin.

Bryce

Trying to open the tomcat Manager, I tried a few user/password
before I discovered the plaintext passwords in the xml
- in fact is appears to be admin/""

Now I am locked out and I will need to de-install and re-install
Tomcat!!

How tedious.
be aware: write down teh default user/passwords when you install...

uhhh..... Why don't you just edit the tomcat-users.xml? You don't need
to reinstall.

Just add a user that has the admin and/or manager roles.