apache/tomcat/noodle/sps monitoring?

Discussion in 'Java' started by inetquestion, Feb 8, 2007.

  1. inetquestion

    inetquestion Guest

    I have been tasked to come up with a set of monitors for Netegrity/CA
    secure proxy server. From what I know of this product its a
    combination of apache->tomcat->noodle->SPS to give the end product
    which is referred to as SPS. Is there anyone that can give some
    suggestions of things one would want to monitor for this application?
    All I have come up with so far is verifying the processes are up, the
    front-end ports are listening/responding, and there are no glaring
    errors in the log. Any other specific examples would be helpful. The
    second part I'm looking for is getting a comprehensive set of monitors
    tied into something like Cacti or some other web based monitoring
    tool. Would the following items be easy to extract somehow from
    tomcat/sps?

    RequestsPerMinute
    BytesPerSecond
    BytesPerRequest
    BusyWorkers/Server
    IdleWorkers/Server
    Response Time Details
    Memory Usage
    Thread Details
    Per JSP level Requests per Minute and Response Time

    Regard,

    -Inet
    inetquestion, Feb 8, 2007