apache/tomcat/noodle/sps monitoring?

inetquestion

I have been tasked to come up with a set of monitors for Netegrity/CA
secure proxy server. From what I know of this product its a
combination of apache->tomcat->noodle->SPS to give the end product
which is referred to as SPS. Is there anyone that can give some
suggestions of things one would want to monitor for this application?
All I have come up with so far is verifying the processes are up, the
front-end ports are listening/responding, and there are no glaring
errors in the log. Any other specific examples would be helpful. The
second part I'm looking for is getting a comprehensive set of monitors
tied into something like Cacti or some other web based monitoring
tool. Would the following items be easy to extract somehow from
tomcat/sps?

RequestsPerMinute
BytesPerSecond
BytesPerRequest
BusyWorkers/Server
IdleWorkers/Server
Response Time Details
Memory Usage
Thread Details
Per JSP level Requests per Minute and Response Time

Regard,

-Inet