Apache + Tomcat Problem

Bryan

Hello all,

I'm having a problem with my connection between Apache and Tomcat
using mod_jk. I have it working right now with my VirtualHost in
Apache... any time I get a request for /java-stuff at xy.some-
domain.com I use JkMount to forward the request to Tomcat using
ajp13_worker, which is defined in the workers.properties class with
the host as localhost. I also have a VirtualHost set up in Tomcat's
server.xml file, which works just fine when I go to xy.some-domain.com:
8080. However, if I change my host in the workers.properties file to
use xy.some-domain.com rather than localhost, it doesn't work. I know
the /java-stuff path is correct, because it works when I go to port
8080.

Any suggestions? Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks in advance!

bencoe

Hello all,

I'm having a problem with my connection between Apache and Tomcat
using mod_jk. I have it working right now with my VirtualHost in
Apache... any time I get a request for /java-stuff at xy.some-
domain.com I use JkMount to forward the request to Tomcat using
ajp13_worker, which is defined in the workers.properties class with
the host as localhost. I also have a VirtualHost set up in Tomcat's
server.xml file, which works just fine when I go to xy.some-domain.com:
8080. However, if I change my host in the workers.properties file to
use xy.some-domain.com rather than localhost, it doesn't work. I know
the /java-stuff path is correct, because it works when I go to port
8080.

Any suggestions? Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks in advance!

I remember having problems with this too, I ended up not using mod_jk,
and using a virtual host instead... It looks something like this.

<virtualhost *:80>
ServerName www.dimensionalsoundproducts.com
DocumentRoot C:/public_html
ProxyRequests off
ProxyPass / http://192.168.2.101:8080/dimensional/
ProxyPassReverse / http://192.168.2.101:8080/dimensional/
</virtualhost>

Server Name: Is the connection to Apache you want to pass off to
Tomcat.
Document Root: Is your HTML root folder for Apache.
PoxyRequests: Make sure this is off.
ProxyPass: is where you want to pass the connection too in this case I
have
Tomcat set up on another computer on my network, you could also do
this
'/ localhost:8080/root/'
ProxyPassReverse: Should be the exact same as ProxyPass.

Ben.

bencoe

Thanks for the suggestion. Is the Proxy stuff part of a separate
module?

I don't think so, if I recall you just have to uncomment mod_proxy in
the config file.

Bryan

Cool, thanks. I was hoping to serve the normal html/JavaScript stuff
from Apache and let Tomcat do the Java stuff, but for now I'll have to
do it this way.

Thanks again.