Apache/Tomcat returning Error 503

Discussion in 'Java' started by Ken Ramirez, May 12, 2004.

  1. Ken Ramirez

    Ken Ramirez Guest

    Setup includes:
    Redhat Linux 9
    Apache 2.0.49
    Tomcat 5.0.19
    mod_jk2

    After performing the appropriate installs, I can get to the Apache
    default page, and I can access the Tomcat as well on 8080. I can even
    access the jkstatus via Apache, but when I try to access jsp-examples
    via Apache, I'm getting the following error 503:

    "Service Temporarily Unavailable
    The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to
    maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
    Apache/2.0.49 (Unix) mod_jk2/2.0.4 Server at 192.168.1.101 Port 80"

    ********** My workers2.properties file appears as follows:
    # workers2.properties

    # Shared memory handling. Needs to be set.
    [shm]
    info=Scoreboard. Required for reconfiguration and status with
    multiprocess servers file=/usr/local/tomcat5/logs/jk2.shm
    size=1048576
    debug=0
    disabled=0

    # UNIX domain socket [channel.un:/usr/local/tomcat5/work/jk2.socket]
    tomcatId=localhost:8009
    debug=0

    # define the worker
    [ajp13:/usr/local/tomcat5/work/jk2.socket]
    channel=channel.un:/usr/local/tomcat5/work/jk2.socket

    # Announce a "status" worker
    [status:status]
    info=Status worker. Displays runtime information.

    [uri:/jkstatus/*]
    group=status:status

    # Uri mapping
    [uri:/jsp-examples/*]

    ********************* My jk2.properties is as follows:
    # Set the desired handler list handler.list=apr,request,channelSocket
    channelSocket.port=8009

    serverRoot=/usr/local/apache2
    apr.NativeSo=/usr/local/apache2/modules/libjkjni.so

    ********************* My httpd.conf contains the following connection:
    LoadModule jk2_module modules/mod_jk2.so JkSet config.file
    /usr/local/apache2/conf/workers2.properties

    Can anyone help? I've been trying to solve this one for awhile.

    Thanks.

    Ken Ramirez, May 12, 2004