Apache2::ASP installation

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by DJ, Sep 23, 2008.

  1. DJ

    DJ Guest

    Hello all,

    Just a quick question: am running into difficulty getting module
    Apache2::ASP working, but I cannot seem to find a support repository
    outside of googling for individual pages or installation hints other
    than http://www.devstack.com. Would someone please point me in the
    right direction?

    Just in case this is common and I have missed it, the actual error
    that I get out of my Apache logs is:
    Use of uninitialized value $fixed in substitution (s///) at /usr/lib/
    perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/Apache2/ASP/Config.pm line 224.
    [Mon Sep 22 20:52:47 2008] [error] [client 192.168.1.10] Can't call
    method "lib" on unblessed reference at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/
    Apache2/ASP/Config.pm line 63.\n

    Something that I tried hours ago made me think that the configuration
    file was not being read, but I can no longer reproduce or even
    remember what exactly I was doing at the time...

    Thanks!

    DJ

    DJ, Sep 23, 2008

  2. DJ

    JohnDrago Guest

    On Sep 22, 7:50 pm, DJ <> wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > Just a quick question: am running into difficulty getting module
    > Apache2::ASP working, but I cannot seem to find a support repository
    > outside of googling for individual pages or installation hints other
    > thanhttp://www.devstack.com.  Would someone please point me in the
    > right direction?

    Currently you can use the CPAN forum for discussion and RT to submit
    bug reports:
    CPAN Forum: http://www.cpanforum.com/dist/Apache2-ASP
    RT: http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Dist/Display.html?Name=Apache2-ASP

    There is no public mailing list at this time.

    > Just in case this is common and I have missed it, the actual error
    > that I get out of my Apache logs is:
    > Use of uninitialized value $fixed in substitution (s///) at /usr/lib/
    > perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/Apache2/ASP/Config.pm line 224.

    This is not an error - it is a warning. Make sure that $fixed has a
    value before doing a s/// substitution on it.
    Otherwise, do "no warnings 'uninitialized';" within the contextual
    scope.

    > [Mon Sep 22 20:52:47 2008] [error] [client 192.168.1.10] Can't call
    > method "lib" on unblessed reference at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/
    > Apache2/ASP/Config.pm line 63.\n

    Make sure that $ENV{APACHE2_ASP_APPLICATION_ROOT} is set correctly
    using a full path - i.e. "/usr/local/app-name/site-name" or "/var/www/
    site-name"

    > Something that I tried hours ago made me think that the configuration
    > file was not being read, but I can no longer reproduce or even
    > remember what exactly I was doing at the time...

    Best regards,
    John Drago

    JohnDrago, Oct 7, 2008