Apache2 mod_perl, missing File.pm, cant use Compress

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Holger Banko, Oct 22, 2008.

  1. Holger Banko

    Holger Banko Guest

    I am trying to migrate a website from mod_perl1.0 to mod_perl2.0 and I
    am a complete noob when it comes to Perl. I got already stuck with pre-
    like this

    PerlModule Apache::DBI
    PerlModule Apache2::Filter
    PerlModule Apache::Compress

    The DBI and Filter module are not complaining, but the Compress.pm is
    missing File.pm

    Wed Oct 22 01:49:54 2008] [error] Can't locate Apache/File.pm in @INC
    (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/
    perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/
    share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at /usr/local/
    share/perl/5.8.8/Apache/Compress.pm line 5.\nBEGIN failed--compilation
    aborted at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/Apache/Compress.pm line
    5.\nCompilation failed in require at (eval 6) line 3.\n
    [Wed Oct 22 01:49:54 2008] [error] Can't load Perl module
    Apache::Compress for server holgerdev2:0, exiting...

    Trying to be smart, I used cpan:

    install Apache::File

    But it fails, because File.pm is looking for Apache 1.3 source, so not
    really helpful for Apache2. An Apache2::File is not available.

    I checked the migration guide and found this

    Apache::File

    "The methods from mod_perl 1.0's module Apache::File have been either
    moved to other packages or removed."

    Yes? To which packages? How can I get Compress to work or is there a
    set of Apache2 perl modules?

    Help :)

    Holger

    Holger Banko, Oct 22, 2008

  2. Holger Banko

    J. Gleixner Guest

    Holger Banko wrote:
    > I am trying to migrate a website from mod_perl1.0 to mod_perl2.0 and I
    > am a complete noob when it comes to Perl. I got already stuck with pre-
    > like this

    [...]
    > I checked the migration guide and found this
    >
    > Apache::File
    >
    > "The methods from mod_perl 1.0's module Apache::File have been either
    > moved to other packages or removed."
    >
    > Yes? To which packages? How can I get Compress to work or is there a
    > set of Apache2 perl modules?

    mod_deflate ???

    J. Gleixner, Oct 23, 2008