Apache2 + Python WITHOUT mod_pytho

pistacchio

Hi to all!
How can i configure apache2 so that it processes all .py files with
python _without_ using mod_python?
I'm on Ubuntu 8.4.

currently my /etc/apache2/sites-available/default file reads:

__________________________
NameVirtualHost *
<VirtualHost *>
ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost

DocumentRoot /var/www/
<Directory />
Options FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
</Directory>
<Directory /var/www/>
#Options +ExecCGI Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
Options All
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
#AddHandler mod_python .py
#PythonHandler mod_python.publisher
#PythonDebug On

</Directory>

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
<Directory "/usr/lib/cgi-bin">
AllowOverride None
Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error.log

# Possible values include: debug, info, notice, warn, error,
crit,
# alert, emerg.
LogLevel warn

CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access.log combined
ServerSignature On

Alias /doc/ "/usr/share/doc/"
<Directory "/usr/share/doc/">
Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
Allow from 127.0.0.0/255.0.0.0 ::1/128
</Directory>

</VirtualHost>
__________________________

Thanks in advance
Gustavo

pistacchio

Solved.
Here my new /etc/apache2/sites-available/default

__________________________
NameVirtualHost *
<VirtualHost *>
ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost

DocumentRoot /var/www/
<Directory />
Options FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
</Directory>

AddHandler cgi-script .py
[...]

Jorge Godoy

pistacchio said:
Hi to all!
How can i configure apache2 so that it processes all .py files with
python _without_ using mod_python?
I'm on Ubuntu 8.4.

I have no idea about how to do that in Ubuntu.

Use fcgi or wsgi for your Python scripts. There should be recipes around for your distribution.

John Nagle

Jorge said:
I have no idea about how to do that in Ubuntu.

Use fcgi or wsgi for your Python scripts. There should be recipes around for your distribution.

Note that if you use FCGI, don't put your FCGI scripts in a directory
enabled for CGI. Apache has a bias towards CGI, which is built in,
and will use CGI to run your FCGI scripts. Slowly.

John Nagle