API/C memory mananegemnt problem

fumana

Hi everybody,
I have a problem with Python/C API and memory management.

I'm using
Python 2.3.5 (#1, Jan 4 2006, 16:44:27)
[GCC 4.0.2 20050901 (prerelease) (SUSE Linux)] on linux2

In my C-module I have a loop like this:

int size=10000000;

output=(double *) calloc(size, sizeof(double));

py_output=PyList_New(0);

for(i=0; i<size; i++){
tmp=PyFloat_FromDouble(output);
PyList_Append(py_output, tmp);
}

free(outout);

return py_output;

It returns to python module a (very large) list.

Problem: when I delete the list in python module (with python del statement)
not all memory is relased.

It look like all 10000000 tmp PyFloat allocated in C code
remain stored in memory.

Somebody can help me?

Thanks.

marco