    using CreateProcess. I would appreciate being told whether this is possible
    and where I can find information on this area of programming.

    David Shaw

    David Shaw, Jul 13, 2005

  2. David Shaw

    Phlip Guest

    David Shaw wrote:

    > I am studying API programming using C++ and am seeking a away to pass data
    > to a child program opened
    > using CreateProcess. I would appreciate being told whether this is

    possible
    > and where I can find information on this area of programming.

    If you feel like experiencing a unique, chronic agony, you can research how
    MS implements piping systems, like _popen() or popen3().

    Regardless, you must post questions about the _MS_Windows_API_ to a
    newsgroup qualified to answer questions about it. Use Google Groups to find
    one. This newsgroup can only discuss C++.

    --
    Phlip
    http://www.c2.com/cgi/wiki?ZeekLand

    Phlip, Jul 13, 2005

  3. David Shaw

    John Carson Guest

    "David Shaw" <> wrote in message
    > I am studying API programming using C++ and am seeking a away to pass
    > data to a child program opened
    > using CreateProcess. I would appreciate being told whether this is
    > possible and where I can find information on this area of programming.
    >
    > David Shaw

    That looks like a Windows function. Try

    microsoft.public.vc.language

    or for documentation on all aspects of Windows:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp

    --
    John Carson

    John Carson, Jul 13, 2005
  4. Le mercredi 13 juillet 2005 à 05:37, David Shaw a écrit dans
    comp.lang.c++ :

    > I am studying API programming using C++ and am seeking a away to pass data
    > to a child program opened
    > using CreateProcess. I would appreciate being told whether this is possible
    > and where I can find information on this area of programming.

    <Digression>
    API is a generic term; an API is a set of functions, types, constants,
    etc. designed to program applications for a given system. There is an
    OpenGL API, a Win32 API, a DirectX API, just to name a few.

    'CreateProcess' belongs to the Win32 API (maybe others), so you're
    actually studying Win32 programming.
    </Digression>

    The standard way to exchange data between programs is with files. Common
    non-standard ways include memory-mapped files to get shared memory, or
    pipes and sockets.

    --
    ___________ 13/07/2005 09:42:55
    _/ _ \_`_`_`_) Serge PACCALIN -- sp ad mailclub.net

    Serge Paccalin, Jul 13, 2005