API returns memory related error when calling inside a DLL

Pradeep

Hi All,
I am calling a third party API which takes one PVOID argument and
returns data in it. It is a DLL application (Multithreaded dll). But
every time this API returning a memory related error saying that error
with buffer size. I am sure buffer size is enough.
I tried with allocating memory dynamically as well but got the same
result.

Kindly suggest.

red floyd

Hi All,
I am calling a third party API which takes one PVOID argument and
returns data in it. It is a DLL application (Multithreaded dll). But
every time this API returning a memory related error saying that error
with buffer size. I am sure buffer size is enough.
I tried with allocating memory dynamically as well but got the same
result.

And what was your question?

See FAQ 5.8, http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.8

Also FAQ 5.9, as your question appears to be about some third party
library, rather than
the C++ language itself.

mlimber

Hi All,
I am calling a third party API which takes one PVOID argument and
returns data in it. It is a DLL application (Multithreaded dll). But
every time this API returning a memory related error saying that error
with buffer size. I am sure buffer size is enough.
I tried with allocating memory dynamically as well but got the same
result.

Kindly suggest.

According to FAQ 5.9 (http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-
post.html#faq-5.9) this group is about the C++ language proper,
whereas your question is about third-party library used from a C++
application. Hence it is off-topic.

In any case, you haven't given us enough information to help you. We
don't know anything about what this DLL might be doing or what you
might be doing wrong. You'll need to find a more specific newsgroup
(see the list in the aforementioned FAQ) or contact the DLL vendor.

Cheers! --M