Apollo, hidden password

helmut.brugger

Hi,

for some days I work with Ruby 1.6.8 and Apollo 0.636 to use GUI
component of Delphi 6. This works, but I can't find any describtion or
help (except the samples). Exist any description in english language?

For example: I create an an input mask for a password with MaskEdit,
but the method PasswordChar = '*' does not work:
--> undefined method `passwordchar=' for #<Phi::MaskEdit
Does anybody know the correct method?

edit_pw = Phi::MaskEdit.new(form2, :edit_pw)
edit_pw.text = ''
edit_pw.left = 130
edit_pw.top = 50
edit_pw.width = 110
edit_pw.height = 15
edit_pw.passwordchar = '*'

If I tried the following script it works, but I can't build a working
EXE file with Exerb

require 'phi'
include Phi
form = Component._load DATA.read

form.show
mainloop

__END__
object Formx: TForm
object eKennwort: TMaskEdit
Left = 12
Top = 22
Width = 185
Height = 21
PasswordChar = '#'
end
end

After the EXE file --> require 'phi'
require 'dialogs'
include Phi

form = Component._load DATA.read

form.show
mainloop

__END__
object Formx: TForm
object eKennwort: TMaskEdit
Left = 12
Top = 22
Width = 185
Height = 21
PasswordChar = '#'
end
end

Starting EXE --> uninitialized constant DATA

Thanks for help
Helmut

helmut.brugger

i don't think so, most of the apollo users are japanese speaking, and it
follows delphi close enough, except in cases usually illustrated in the
samples.

try "edit_pw.password_char".
Fine it works, for example:
edit_pw.password_char = 43 #-->*****

throughout the library, the delphi method MethodName is converted to
method_name
it seems to accept only ascii values though, so this may be a bug worth
reporting. Whre can I report it?

i'm not sure, but you should check that ruby_ap.exe instead of apollo.exe
runs the script. (component data doesn't work with apollo.exe). subscribe
and ask on (e-mail address removed). it hasn't been active for a
while, but someone may give you a better answer.
I have tried it with ruby_ap.exe, it does not work. I will ask at
apollo-talk.

Thanks for help
Helmut

Hal E. Fulton