    #undef Off_Topic

    Regards.

    , Dec 15, 2008

  2. wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > #define Off_Topic
    > /*
    >
    > Some days ago during a discussion [1] I made some posts which seemed
    > to annoy Mr James Kuyper and Mr Nick Keighley. For that I apologize
    > again ; I did not really mean to. I ask them that if they see no
    > problem for me to post here more inform me either by sending an email
    > to the email address or a reply here. If either will not send a reply
    > or disagree with that then I should not post on this news group more
    > questions. Thanks for your time.
    >
    > [1] see
    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.c/browse_thread/thread/70fc1cd6034e5c8e
    >
    > */
    > #undef Off_Topic
    >
    > Regards.

    I see no indication whatsoever that anyone participating in that thread was
    annoyed by your post.

    Bye, Jojo

    Joachim Schmitz, Dec 15, 2008

  3. jameskuyper Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > #define Off_Topic
    > /*
    >
    > Some days ago during a discussion [1] I made some posts which seemed
    > to annoy Mr James Kuyper and Mr Nick Keighley. For that I apologize
    > again ; I did not really mean to. I ask them that if they see no
    > problem for me to post here more inform me either by sending an email
    > to the email address or a reply here. If either will not send a reply
    > or disagree with that then I should not post on this news group more
    > questions. Thanks for your time.
    >
    > [1] see http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.c/browse_thread/thread/70fc1cd6034e5c8e
    >
    > */
    > #undef Off_Topic

    I have no objection to you posting here. I just strongly recommended
    that if you actually wish to get a useful answer to a question, that
    you provide all of the relevant information we might need to give you
    that answer. Keep in mind that if you understood the problem well
    enough to known which information was relevant, you probably wouldn't
    need to ask the question. Therefore, be generous with the information
    you provide, and respond promptly (and more importantly, in a truly
    responsive fashion) to requests for more information.

    jameskuyper, Dec 15, 2008
  4. James Harris Guest

    On 15 Dec, 18:13, wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > #define Off_Topic
    > /*
    >
    > Some days ago during a discussion [1] I made some posts which seemed
    > to annoy Mr James Kuyper and Mr Nick Keighley. For that I apologize
    > again ; I did not really mean to. I ask them that if they see no
    > problem for me to post here more inform me either by sending an email
    > to the email address or a reply here. If either will not send a reply
    > or disagree with that then I should not post on this news group more
    > questions. Thanks for your time.
    >
    > [1] seehttp://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.c/browse_thread/thread/70fc1...

    Hey don't stop posting even if people seem to be upset. The replies
    you mention above seemed quite calm and I don't think they would want
    you to stop posting. Even if they did they do not own this newsgroup.
    Comp.lang.c is just as much your resource as anyone else's.

    By the way, be aware that anyone posting to Usenet might get some
    abusive replies. If you get any abuse just ignore it as we all have to
    from time to time.

    On the other hand you may get some suggestions put impolitely. Try to
    take on board any suggestions you consider as valid and ignore the
    tone in which they appear to be given. Humans are often less courteous
    when writing to people they will never meet than they would be face to
    face.

    HTH and keep those posts coming....

    James

    James Harris, Dec 15, 2008

    On 15 Dec, 18:13, wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > #define Off_Topic
    > /*
    >
    > Some days ago during a discussion [1] I made some posts which seemed
    > to annoy  Mr James Kuyper and Mr Nick Keighley.

    I wasn't aware that you'd annoyed me (I'm quite hard to annoy).
    If my post seemed a little abrasive I apologise.

    > For that I apologize again ;

    no need

    > I did not really mean to. I ask them that if they see no
    > problem for me to post here more inform me either by sending an email
    > to the email address or a reply here.

    I have no problem with you posting here. And even if I did
    you should just ignore me.

    > If either will not send a reply
    > or disagree with that then I should not post on this news group more
    > questions. Thanks for your time.
    >
    > [1] seehttp://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.c/browse_thread/thread/70fc1...
    >
    > */
    > #undef Off_Topic

    post to your hearts content!

    , Dec 16, 2008
  6. <> wrote:
    >I wasn't aware that you'd annoyed me (I'm quite hard to annoy).

    Good to know, since this is a precondition for posting on usenet. :p
    Usenet is no petting zoo [TM]

    -Andreas

    Andreas Eibach, Dec 17, 2008