Apology

Discussion in 'Java' started by Qu0ll, Apr 30, 2009.

  1. Qu0ll

    Qu0ll Guest

    I apologise unreservedly to Roedy Green for accusing him of being a spammer
    and a liar. Whilst I remain unconvinced of Roedy's innocence in these
    matters, this is irrelevant. I cannot prove otherwise and therefore should
    never have made those accusations in a public forum. I also apologise to
    this newsgroup for my unpleasant, troll-like behaviour and for perpetuating
    an off-topic thread.

    I hope everyone realises that this recent behaviour is not typical of me.
    Though I don't expect or deserve anyone to feel sorry for me, I would like
    to say that it's the recent passing of my beloved mother and a change on
    Monday to the many medications I require just to get out of bed each day
    that has left me behaving in an erratic, moody and unbalanced way whereby I
    am upset by the slightest things and find fault with everything.

    Roedy's misplaced posts had very little effect on me last week but this week
    seemed to be crimes punishable by death. It is simply not fair of me to
    treat people in this way and so out of character that I am going to withdraw
    from this newsgroup and refrain from posting on Usenet until I am feeling
    much, much better.

    --
    And loving it,

    -Qu0ll (Rare, not extinct)

    Qu0ll, Apr 30, 2009

  2. Qu0ll wrote:
    > I apologise unreservedly to Roedy Green for accusing him of being a
    > spammer and a liar. Whilst I remain unconvinced of Roedy's innocence in
    > these matters, this is irrelevant. I cannot prove otherwise and
    > therefore should never have made those accusations in a public forum. I
    > also apologise to this newsgroup for my unpleasant, troll-like behaviour
    > and for perpetuating an off-topic thread.
    >
    > I hope everyone realises that this recent behaviour is not typical of
    > me. Though I don't expect or deserve anyone to feel sorry for me, I
    > would like to say that it's the recent passing of my beloved mother and
    > a change on Monday to the many medications I require just to get out of
    > bed each day that has left me behaving in an erratic, moody and
    > unbalanced way whereby I am upset by the slightest things and find fault
    > with everything.
    >
    > Roedy's misplaced posts had very little effect on me last week but this
    > week seemed to be crimes punishable by death. It is simply not fair of
    > me to treat people in this way and so out of character that I am going
    > to withdraw from this newsgroup and refrain from posting on Usenet until
    > I am feeling much, much better.

    Don't worry - I for one didn't even notice!

    --
    Dirk

    Dirk Bruere at NeoPax, Apr 30, 2009

  3. Qu0ll

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Fri, 1 May 2009 05:09:55 +1000, "Qu0ll" <>

    >Whilst I remain unconvinced of Roedy's innocence

    An apology is when you admit you were wrong. You didn't. You
    reiterated your slander.

    It is not as though I habitually pull stunts like that.

    Why or earth would you imagine I would do such a thing? Are you
    projecting? Imagining why someone else would deliberately mispost.

    I don't know how well you know me. I am a curmudgeon, but not a
    crooked one. Surely that should be obvious from my decades of public
    posting.

    It would be wrong for you to lie, if you truly believe that of me.
    It is just that it is so frustrating that I am perceived as evil when
    I try so hard to do the right thing.
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com

    "We can allow satellites, planets, suns, universe, nay whole systems of universes, to be governed by laws, but the smallest insect, we wish to be created at once by special act."
    ~ Charles Darwin
    Roedy Green, May 1, 2009
  4. Qu0ll

    Qu0ll Guest

    "Roedy Green" <> wrote in message

    > On Fri, 1 May 2009 05:09:55 +1000, "Qu0ll" <>
    >
    >>Whilst I remain unconvinced of Roedy's innocence

    > An apology is when you admit you were wrong. You didn't. You
    > reiterated your slander.

    Not at all. I apologised unreservedly for calling you a spammer and a liar.
    I withdraw all accusations. I have said that nothing can be proved. I
    don't know what else you want from me. You have made substantial positive
    contributions to this group and I haven't. No one cares what I think.

    --
    And loving it,

    -Qu0ll (Rare, not extinct)

    Qu0ll, May 1, 2009
  5. Qu0ll

    Nigel Wade Guest

    Roedy Green wrote:

    > On Fri, 1 May 2009 05:09:55 +1000, "Qu0ll" <>
    >
    >>Whilst I remain unconvinced of Roedy's innocence

    > An apology is when you admit you were wrong.

    No, it isn't. Try looking in a dictionary.

    --
    Nigel Wade
    Nigel Wade, May 1, 2009
  6. Roedy Green <> wrote:
    > It is not as though I habitually pull stunts like that.

    My original motivation was to let you know what picture
    your repeated mishaps and your blaming of ForteAgent for
    your mishaps painted. What Ι hoped for, was that you would
    take more care and (while lacking a changed ForteAgent) rather
    make use of magnifying glasses (software or hardware ones)
    to help yourself avoiding further repeatitions.

    Your rather rude response to that (bringing in nazis and
    then defending your so far accidental posting) surely didn't
    help, and probably made more people now doubt the "accidents".
    Andreas Leitgeb, May 1, 2009
  7. Qu0ll

    Lew Guest

    Andreas Leitgeb wrote:
    > Roedy Green <> wrote:
    >> It is not as though I habitually pull stunts like that.

    > My original motivation was to let you know what picture
    > your repeated mishaps and your blaming of ForteAgent for
    > your mishaps painted. What Ι hoped for, was that you would
    > take more care and (while lacking a changed ForteAgent) rather
    > make use of magnifying glasses (software or hardware ones)
    > to help yourself avoiding further repeatitions.
    >
    > Your rather rude response to that (bringing in nazis and
    > then defending your so far accidental posting) surely didn't
    > help, and probably made more people now doubt the "accidents".

    So Roedy got a taste of his own medicine, Qu0ll said things he now regrets,
    some folks got upset and others entertained. This is Usenet; these things
    happen. The only one who really deserves to receive an apology is Andreas
    Leitgeb.

    Roedy and Qu0ll both have histories of good contributions to the Java
    discussions. Both mean well, ultimately. Let it go and get back to Java.

    Qu0ll, I'm sorry for your loss.

    Roedy, you're right about the evils of war and imperialism. Those need to stop.

    Both of you, please keep contributing to these newsgroups.

    --
    Lew
    Lew, May 1, 2009
  8. Qu0ll

    Qu0ll Guest

    "Lew" <> wrote in message

    [...]

    > Roedy and Qu0ll both have histories of good contributions to the Java
    > discussions. Both mean well, ultimately. Let it go and get back to Java.
    >
    > Qu0ll, I'm sorry for your loss.

    Thank you Lew - she was the light of my life. It will take a long time for
    me to get back to normal.

    > Roedy, you're right about the evils of war and imperialism. Those need to
    > stop.
    >
    > Both of you, please keep contributing to these newsgroups.

    I will but I am going to take a break from everything for a while.

    --
    And loving it,

    -Qu0ll (Rare, not extinct)

    Qu0ll, May 1, 2009