    Grant Edwards grante Yow! Am I accompanied by
    at a PARENT or GUARDIAN?
    visi.com

    Grant Edwards, Sep 16, 2003

  2. On Tuesday 16 September 2003 7:10 pm, Grant Edwards wrote:
    > I see there's a Python binary package available for the Sharp
    > Zaurus PDA. Has anybody deleloped an app for that platform?
    > I'm wondering if the resource requirement of Python are a
    > problem on that platform.

    http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/zaurus/download.php

    Phil

    Phil Thompson, Sep 16, 2003

  3. Grant Edwards wrote in article
    <3f6751fc$0$162$>:

    > I see there's a Python binary package available for the Sharp
    > Zaurus PDA. Has anybody deleloped an app for that platform?
    > I'm wondering if the resource requirement of Python are a
    > problem on that platform.

    There are a few apps written in Python:
    http://www.killefiz.de/zaurus/search.php?q=python&x=0&y=0

    --
    Todd Stephens
    ICQ# 3150790

    Todd Stephens, Sep 17, 2003
  4. In article <>, Phil Thompson wrote:

    >> I see there's a Python binary package available for the Sharp
    >> Zaurus PDA. Has anybody deleloped an app for that platform?
    >> I'm wondering if the resource requirement of Python are a
    >> problem on that platform.

    > http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/zaurus/download.php

    Yup. That's the package to which I was referring. I was
    wondering if anybody had any experience with it which they
    would like to relate -- especially regarding the memory
    footprint of a python app.

    --
    Grant Edwards grante Yow! MY income is ALL
    at disposable!

    Grant Edwards, Sep 17, 2003
  5. Grant Edwards

    Ron Stephens Guest

    The Python ipk file python_2.3-1.1_arm.ipk can be downloaded from
    Riverbank software at
    http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/zaurus/download.php .

    I have used a lot of command line Python progams on my Zaurus and they
    are quite fast and snappy. As for PyQt apps, there has been some
    discussion of them on the Zaurus Zone web discussion board at
    http://www.zaurus.com/dev/board/ and if you do a search on PyQt there
    you will see considerable information. The "gist" of the discussion
    seems to be that PyQt works fine, and that for many purposes is
    acceptably fast, but when using complex custom widgets (user
    programmed as opposed to standard QT widgets), the performance can get
    noticeably slower.

    It has also been reported that AnyGui works fine on the Zaurus,
    finding and using the Qt toolkit.

    Ron Stephens

    Ron Stephens, Sep 17, 2003
  6. Grant Edwards

    Dave Reed Guest

    On Tuesday 16 September 2003 14:10, Grant Edwards wrote:
    > I see there's a Python binary package available for the Sharp
    > Zaurus PDA. Has anybody deleloped an app for that platform?
    > I'm wondering if the resource requirement of Python are a
    > problem on that platform.

    It works ok. I wouldn't try to do heavy number crunching with it or
    process lots of data, but for basic PDA type apps it's fine. I wrote a
    program for keeping attendance in my classes using the Qt
    interface. That's my only Qt experience - I've used Gtk for 6 years
    so I'm more used to it.

    Dave

    Dave Reed, Sep 17, 2003