App fails to load resource assembly with "Setup failed with hr =0x80070005"

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Achim Domma, Aug 22, 2006.

  1. Achim Domma

    Achim Domma Guest

    Hi,

    I try to develop a localized Asp.Net 1.1 application. I have added two
    resource files to my app, which are called 'Labels.resx' and
    'Labels.de.resx'. If I compile the app, I see a 'de' subfolder in my
    'bin' folder and the folder contains the resource dll.

    Accessing the german strings does not work. After a lot of debugging I
    managed to get fuslogvw.exe to work and got a result like this:

    [...]

    LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    file:///C:/WINDOWS/[...]/Administration.resources.DLL.

    LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    file:///C:/develop/[...]/bin/de/Administration.resources.DLL.

    LOG: Assembly download was successful. Attempting setup of file:
    C:\develop\[...]\bin\de\Administration.resources.DLL

    LOG: Entering download cache setup phase.

    ERR: Setup failed with hr = 0x80070005.

    ERR: Failed to complete setup of assembly (hr = 0x80070005). Probing
    terminated.

    So it looks like Asp.Net tries to load the correct assembly, but setting
    up the assembly fails for mysterious reasons. Using the sysinternals
    file monitor, I can see that the assembly is accessed but filemon does
    not display an error. If I disable anonymous access and login as admin,
    it works fine.

    Any hint what might be going wrong?

    regards,
    Achim