App Locking on Opening New Browser Window

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by JJ_377@hotmail.com, Jun 27, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I have these lines of code in my vb.net code behind (on load) of my
    webform:

    btnViewRequests.Attributes.Add("onclick",
    "a=window.open('MainForm.aspx?LocationID = " & LocationID &
    "','_new')")
    btnReference.Attributes.Add("onclick",
    "a=window.open('../RefFiles/Reference.htm','_new')")

    If I do the following, the web app locks (hourglasses forever):

    1. click on btnViewRequests and close the window that opens (which by
    the way minimizes in the status bar from whence I have to open it).
    2. click on btnReference and close the window that opens (this one
    minimizes initially as well).

    3. click on btnViewRequests again - THE BIG FREEZE! (the app locks up)

    I have tried unearthing an error by putting breakpoints in, try-catch
    blocks and inspecting the Event Viewer - no leads at all, can't even
    get the code to run to a breakpoint because it never gets that far...

    I note that if I keep the first new window open, no freeze occurs.

    HELP!

    My thanks!

    J.
    , Jun 27, 2005

    For the curious: I created a new html page from the legacy html page;
    apparently, there was something in the original html page that caused
    the problem.
    , Jun 28, 2005