    plugin modules? (Via uploading a zip or text file to the site.)

    Cheers,
    Douglas
    Douglas Livingstone, Jan 20, 2005

  2. On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:58:13 +0900, Douglas Livingstone
    <> wrote:
    > Does anyone have an example of a Ruby application which can accept
    > plugin modules? (Via uploading a zip or text file to the site.)

    tDiary and FreeRide.

    The conversion routines in Ruwiki are also based on plugins; as are
    the language files for Text::Hyphen.

    -austin
    --
    Austin Ziegler *
    * Alternate:
    Austin Ziegler, Jan 20, 2005

  3. Douglas Livingstone

    Curt Hibbs Guest

    Douglas Livingstone wrote:

    > Does anyone have an example of a Ruby application which can accept
    > plugin modules? (Via uploading a zip or text file to the site.)

    FreeRIDE is 100% plugin based. It has a reusable plugin framework called
    FreeBase that we intend (someday) to package up as an independent RubyForge
    project. Rich Kilmer has used it in some projects for his clients and, of
    course, FreeRIDE is built on top of it.

    For more info, see:

    http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/64694

    and

    http://freeride.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?FreeBASE

    Curt
    Curt Hibbs, Jan 20, 2005
  4. Hi,

    <> wrote:
    > Does anyone have an example of a Ruby application which can accept
    > plugin modules? (Via uploading a zip or text file to the site.)
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Douglas

    In Alexandria (http://alexandria.rubyforge.org), providers are kind of
    pluggins (though it is not possible to install them at runtime yet).

    Laurent
    Laurent Sansonetti, Jan 20, 2005