App Plugins

Douglas Livingstone

Does anyone have an example of a Ruby application which can accept
plugin modules? (Via uploading a zip or text file to the site.)

Cheers,
Douglas

Austin Ziegler

Does anyone have an example of a Ruby application which can accept
plugin modules? (Via uploading a zip or text file to the site.)

tDiary and FreeRide.

The conversion routines in Ruwiki are also based on plugins; as are
the language files for Text::Hyphen.

-austin

Curt Hibbs

Douglas said:
Does anyone have an example of a Ruby application which can accept
plugin modules? (Via uploading a zip or text file to the site.)

FreeRIDE is 100% plugin based. It has a reusable plugin framework called
FreeBase that we intend (someday) to package up as an independent RubyForge
project. Rich Kilmer has used it in some projects for his clients and, of
course, FreeRIDE is built on top of it.

For more info, see:

http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/64694

and

http://freeride.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?FreeBASE

Curt

Laurent Sansonetti

Hi,

Does anyone have an example of a Ruby application which can accept
plugin modules? (Via uploading a zip or text file to the site.)

Cheers,
Douglas

In Alexandria (http://alexandria.rubyforge.org), providers are kind of
pluggins (though it is not possible to install them at runtime yet).

Laurent