App Pools and aspnet_regiis

Guest

Folks,

I'm using .NET 2.0 and have created a web service that runs in it's own app
pool with a domain accout for the identity. It appears that running
aspnet_regiis with the - ga option is not enough. I had to grant read access
to the domain account to the c:\windows\temp directory in order add the web
references for my client. Am I wrong in assuming that aspnet_regiis -ga is
all you have to do? All the documentation that I've read has stated that I
only need to run this command and put the account in the IIS_WPG group and I
was done. Any comments, links, etc are welcome.

Guest

Yep,
This does not surprise me at all. The documenation is generally excellent,
but all documentation, because of its complex nature, has "holes" and errors
of omission.
Peter