App_Code folder

Guest

Hi everyone,

I've created 5 (different) asp.net 2.0 applications.
Each applicationfolder contains an App_Code folder.
Is it possible to set the App_code folder in de root of the website?
Because the purpose of the App_Code is reusable classes, it isn't very
productive to copy the class files to the App_Code folder (only 3 of the 5
applications need the class file).

thanks!

Filip

Christopher Reed

The key word is applications. If you need to use the classes in multiple
App_Code subdirectories for multiple applications, you might want to
consider creating a class library and putting it into the GAC.

alex.dumitru

Hello,

I have another case.
I have a root site with subsites.
I need a place to put all the common code used through the sites but
some
objects are common tthe two sites and there will be some
misunderstandings.

I need some kind of each site AppCode although thy are in fact under
the same site.

Can u help ?

Juan T. Llibre

If you have "common objects", just don't duplicate them in different code files.

You'll be able to call them from all your subsites
( as long as they aren't separate applications )
from your common App_Code folder.

Christopher Reed

Or you can always put the common code into a class library and you can put
the library in the GAC.