    borders. Is there an easy way to achieve consistency
    between how the controls look in IE and, say, Netscape.

    Many thanks in advance.

    Alex, Aug 16, 2003

  2. Alex,

    The easiest way to do this is to set the TargetSchema property of the page
    object.

    You can do this in design view. Set the property window's drop down to
    document and you'll see the TargetSchema property in the list. You can set a
    page's output to target older browsers if you want.

    If you are targeting newer browsers (netscape 7.0, IE6, opera's latest
    version, etc.) They should all appear pretty similar. My site for example
    appears exactly the same in all and my target schema is set for internet
    explorer 5.0.

    Sincerely,

    --
    S. Justin Gengo, MCP
    Web Developer

    Free code library at:
    www.aboutfortunate.com

    "Out of chaos comes order."
    Nietzche

    S. Justin Gengo, Aug 16, 2003

  3. Alex

    alex Guest

    Justin -

    Thanks for your reply. I've checked my TargetSchema
    property, and it is indeed set to IE5. But the size of my
    text boxes jumps significantly from one browse to
    another. Could you think of something else? Otherwise,
    thanks again for trying to help out.

    Alex

    alex, Aug 17, 2003
  4. Alex

    Sabre Guest

    Alex you might be able to do something like (maybe in Page_Load) ...

    Textbox11.Attributes.Add("style",
    "width:160px;left:144px;top:40px;position:absolute;")

    Button4.Attributes.Add("style",
    "height:24px;width:76px;left:312px;top:40px;position:absolute;")

    It can be a pain doing lots of controls, but renders better in Netscape etc
    than without.
    Hope this helps
    Graeme

    Sabre, Aug 18, 2003
  5. Alex wrote:

    > Just starting with ASP.Net, sorry in for the basic
    > question.
    >
    > All my Web Form controls (text boxes, combo boxes, data
    > grids, etc.) appear totally different when viewed in any
    > browser other than IE: differt size, background, and
    > borders. Is there an easy way to achieve consistency
    > between how the controls look in IE and, say, Netscape.
    >
    > Many thanks in advance.

    For some controls, there is a "columns" property that works more
    consistently across broswers than the width property. The number
    corresponds to the number of characters to show in the box. To make it
    work, you must leave the width property blank.

    Steven Campbell, Aug 20, 2003