APPHELP.DLL and USERENV.DLL & Win98SE

Ed

One of the programs in an VC++ 6.0 application I have been working on
for years is suddenly crashing. Dependency Walker reveals that there
is dependency on APPHELP.DLL and USERENV.DLL, and they are missing.

Searching in various Google Groups I learn that problems with these
DLLs is quite common, but that they are not in fact supposed to
be used under Win98SE, which is my development environment.

The thing is, I do not even know why or where these DLLs are used in
my
application.

In my Google search I ran across a dummy, do nothing, apphelp.c that I
compiled/linked into a DLL, and that made the dependenty report go
away.
Is there such a thing for the userenv.dll?

TIA

Ed

Christopher Benson-Manica

Ed said:
One of the programs in an VC++ 6.0 application I have been working on
for years is suddenly crashing. Dependency Walker reveals that there
is dependency on APPHELP.DLL and USERENV.DLL, and they are missing.
Searching in various Google Groups I learn that problems with these
DLLs is quite common, but that they are not in fact supposed to
be used under Win98SE, which is my development environment.

Your post is off-topic for comp.lang.c++. Please visit

http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/