applescript and java

logiclips

Hi,

I want to call an applescript from Java. This works fine for some
scripts. But the following script doesn't work:

String script =
"tell application \"System Events\" \n"
+ "do shell script \"/System/Library/CoreServices/Menu\\
Extras/User.menu/Contents/Resources/CGSession -switchToUserID 1000 \"
\n"
+ "delay 2 \n"
//+ "keystroke \"" + pw + "\""
+ "keystroke \"password\" \n"
+ "delay 1 \n"
+ "keystroke return \n"
+ "end tell";

....with the following error:

NSAppleScriptErrorBriefMessage = "Expected \U201c\"\U201d but found
unknown token.";
NSAppleScriptErrorMessage = "Expected \U201c\"\U201d but found
unknown token.";
NSAppleScriptErrorNumber = -2741;
NSAppleScriptErrorRange = <00000055 00000001 >;

Does anyone know why?

Thanks a lot.

logiclips

I also tried to call the shell script as Runtime process.

But in this case the compiler says:
"java.io.IOException: /System.Library/CoreServices/Menu: not found"
So I guess he has a problem with the whitespace.

Any solutions?

Thanks a lot,

Peter

Steve W. Jackson

[...]

I haven't done much at all with AppleScript, and none at all from within
Java. But I seem to recall that AppleScript requires a special
character to indicate continuation lines. Any chance that your "\n"
entries are failing to provide that?

= Steve =

logiclips

I don't think that this is the problem. It is also documented that one
has to use \n entries.

Peter