applet access through MS Proxy problem

Discussion in 'Java' started by Jack, Jul 11, 2003.

  1. Jack

    Jack Guest

    We would like to use Sun's JRE 1.4 to all new desktops in our studio.
    However, we noticed that with IE running the 1.4 JRE we cannot run
    applets on the Internet (always get a class loading error and socket
    connection). Everything
    works fine if we turn our MS Proxy 2 Server off, .

    Essentially, if I access the external applet through a connection that goes
    through a Proxy Server
    then I will get the problem, whereas if I make the request around the proxy
    server then I can
    connect successfully.

    Keep in mind that the applet is then having to communicate back to its
    origin- as opposed to just
    an applet - such as a chat server.

    Any help on this would be appreciated?

    Jack, Jul 11, 2003