applet access through MS Proxy problem

Jack

We would like to use Sun's JRE 1.4 to all new desktops in our studio.
However, we noticed that with IE running the 1.4 JRE we cannot run
applets on the Internet (always get a class loading error and socket
connection). Everything
works fine if we turn our MS Proxy 2 Server off, .

Essentially, if I access the external applet through a connection that goes
through a Proxy Server
then I will get the problem, whereas if I make the request around the proxy
server then I can
connect successfully.

Keep in mind that the applet is then having to communicate back to its
origin- as opposed to just
an applet - such as a chat server.

Any help on this would be appreciated?