Applet and JNI

Latournerie Damien

Hi,

I need to install a dll (dll part of a Java wrapper to access to an
windows dll) and some jar files to the current JRE installed on a lot
of computer.

How can i do to configure and install these elements on these computer
to not be dependent of JRE update ?

Currently, i copy the dll files in /Program Files/Java/jre1.3.0/bin
and jar files in /Program Files/Java/jre1.3.0/lib/ext but if someone
update its JRE, he lost is configuration and my applet can not be
executed on his computer.

Could you help me !!!!

Thanks,

Damian

Roedy Green

I need to install a dll (dll part of a Java wrapper to access to an
windows dll) and some jar files to the current JRE installed on a lot
of computer.

Dealing with dlls and Applets together is a way to drive yourself
insane. Give up. Use Java Web Start instead. Just add one line to
the JNLP file and your DLL is installed somewhere on the path, you
don't have to worry where.

If you must, see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jni.html

If you want to try my much easier approach, see
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/javawebstart.html

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/setclock.html
which uses a DLL and JWS.