<applet archive= tag

Roedy Green

I have a suspicion that up to now <applet archive="../applets/xxx.jar"
was supported. However I suspect it may not be working in 1.6. You
have to put your jars in an absolute directory (unsuited for offline
use), or downstream in a child, but not in a sibling directory.

I ran into this before with reading URLs. I could not use ../ to get
at sibling directories.

If ithis is so, I will need to upload duplicate copies of various
jars. Phht. Further I wonder what Java does when it gets asked to
load the same classes from two different jars.

andrewthommo

Roedy said:
I have a suspicion that up to now <applet archive="../applets/xxx.jar"
was supported. However I suspect it may not be working in 1.6.

Where's a URL to test it?