    time.This opens up the browser.

    Technical assistance is most welcome for a Java novice like me.

    Thanks.

    Aqua Flow, Jul 9, 2004

  2. On 9 Jul 2004 08:23:22 -0700, Aqua Flow wrote:

    > Is there a way by which a Java Applet can be turned into a Windows
    > Service?. What are other options in keeping this applet running all
    > the time.

    Don't close the browser.

    > Technical assistance is most welcome for a Java novice like me.

    You will probably find better answers at a
    group that is set aside for these sort of
    help requests..

    Andrew Thompson

    Andrew Thompson, Jul 9, 2004

  3. (Aqua Flow) writes:

    > Is there a way by which a Java Applet can be turned into a Windows
    > Service?

    What is the point? Windows services are non-graphical background
    processes run without the need of a logged-in user, applets are
    graphical applications running for a logged-in user. Totally different
    application types.

    Tor Iver Wilhelmsen, Jul 9, 2004
  4. Aqua Flow

    Sam Guest

    (Aqua Flow) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Is there a way by which a Java Applet can be turned into a Windows
    > Service?. What are other options in keeping this applet running all
    > the time.
    >
    > The applet is a Survey-Quiz which we intend to keep running all the
    > time.This opens up the browser.
    >

    > Technical assistance is most welcome for a Java novice like me.
    >
    > Thanks.

    I'm not sure if you can make it a windows service, but I believe you
    can download and start an application on the client side using Java
    Web Start.

    Regards,
    Sam90

    Sam, Jul 10, 2004