applet as a Windows Service

Aqua Flow

Is there a way by which a Java Applet can be turned into a Windows
Service?. What are other options in keeping this applet running all
the time.

The applet is a Survey-Quiz which we intend to keep running all the
time.This opens up the browser.

Technical assistance is most welcome for a Java novice like me.

Thanks.

Tor Iver Wilhelmsen

Is there a way by which a Java Applet can be turned into a Windows
Service?

What is the point? Windows services are non-graphical background
processes run without the need of a logged-in user, applets are
graphical applications running for a logged-in user. Totally different
application types.

Sam

Is there a way by which a Java Applet can be turned into a Windows
Service?. What are other options in keeping this applet running all
the time.

The applet is a Survey-Quiz which we intend to keep running all the
time.This opens up the browser.

Technical assistance is most welcome for a Java novice like me.

Thanks.

I'm not sure if you can make it a windows service, but I believe you
can download and start an application on the client side using Java
Web Start.

Regards,
Sam90