    applet.
    So I wonder if there is any possibility to send the image(which only
    exists in memory) to a browser window?

    bjorn, Feb 16, 2007

  2. bjorn wrote:
    > So I wonder if there is any possibility to send the image(which only
    > exists in memory) to a browser window?

    None that I know of.

    You could send the image back to the server and open a URL to it - but
    this would be really stupid. First, you'd transfer the image two times
    over the network. Second, the server has to process the uploaded file
    (it must be stored somewhere) and to handle two requests...

    So: sign the applet.

    Bye
    Michael

    Michael Rauscher, Feb 16, 2007

  3. On Feb 16, 9:04 pm, "bjorn" <> wrote:
    > I have an applet that displays data in graph-form depending on user
    > input. If the user wants to save this data a BufferedImage is created
    > and the user can save this to file. This requires the applet to be
    > signed to get access to the users filesystem.

    ...or that you launch the applet using web start,
    and use the JNLP API to access the file system.
    E.G. <http://www.physci.org/jws/#fs>

    Andrew T.

    Andrew Thompson, Feb 16, 2007