Applet for viewing MPEG files. - pure java

surjit

Hi,
Can any one Help. I am trying to write a applet to view MPEG files. I would
like to do this without using the JMF classes (as i do not won't to install
the JMF files on each client machine). Ideally i would just like one class
file
so my applet would be something like:

<applet code=MPegPlayer width=320 height=300>
<param name=FILE value="good.mpeg">
</applet>

I would be greatful if anyone could get me started on writing the java
source code.

Many Thanks

Surjit.

Andrew Thompson

| Hi,
| Can any one Help. I am trying to write a applet to view MPEG
files. I would
| like to do this without using the JMF classes (as i do not
won't to install
| the JMF files on each client machine).

I think you can get JWS to do that for
you, but have never tried it.

Marco Schmidt

surjit:
Can any one Help. I am trying to write a applet to view MPEG files. I would
like to do this without using the JMF classes (as i do not won't to install
the JMF files on each client machine). Ideally i would just like one class
file so my applet would be something like:

No remotely sane program architecture would allow something as complex
as an MPEG decoder in a single class, so you'd have to store your
player in a JAR archive.

You could use MPEG_Play
<http://rnvs.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/~jan/MPEG/MPEG_Play.html> or
<http://peace.snu.ac.kr/dhkim/java/MPEG/>.

Unless you are really interested in codec design and understanding
MPEG I'd go with JMF.

[...]

Regards,
Marco